Tuesday 13 August 2013

Electronic diaries

http://www.visual-idioms.com/
Ask you students to write an electronic diary for one week. They can take down as many entries as they like but one a day is the minimum. Each entry should be titled with an idiom. For example:

  • Tuesday: 14:15 Over a barrel
 
I went to the supermarket to buy some bread. At the entrance there was a woman selling some cosmetics. I wanted to pass her unnoticed but she stopped me and started to explain that I need this perfume. Finally she got me over a barrel and I surrendered.

  • Tuesday: 18:00 Charity begins at home

I wanted to go out with my friends but my sister said she needed some help with her homework. I wasn't very happy but I finally agreed because I know that charity begins at home.


Ask your students to store their diaries electronically so that they can add some images and share their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you happen to try any of the tips with your classes, please feel free to leave a comment here.